It was too hot today to head outside to cook on the Blackstone, so I tried the Air Fryer. The Tri-Tip Roast is a great cut of meat for this approach. It has very little fat and cooks beautifully after a short marinate. Also, you can’t beat the cleanup when cooking with an Air Fryer!
- Tri-Tip Roast (Mine was 1.2 pounds and fit perfectly in my bucket-style air fryer.)
- Salad Dressing (Whatever is in the fridge is fine. I used a lemon herb vinaigrette.)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Marinate the roast in the dressing for a few hours.
- Pat the roast dry.
- Coat lightly with olive oil.
- Salt and Pepper on both sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cook for 8 minutes per pound, flipping halfway through. The steak will be more done on the ends and medium-rare in the middle.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.