Autumn Pork Salad
This recipe serves 2, and comes together so quickly! We gobbled it up! (Pun intended!)
- 2 pork chops
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil or butter
- Fresh Express chopped salad mix (cabbage, kale, etc)
- I like the one with the sweet onion dressing; discard the Parmesan and edamame to use on another salad!
- Or your favorite mixed greens/romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 ounces of goats cheese
- 1/2 apple chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash
If you don’t use the Fresh Express salad mix, use a sweet onion or poppyseed dressing of your choice.
Heat a cast iron pan and add a fat of choice. Dust the chops on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper. Pan sear approx 4 mins per side depending on thickness. Cover for a few minutes to make sure they are fully cooked. Take out and rest then chop up into bite-size pieces.
Cut the butternut squash into cubes. Dust with cinnamon, add salt and pepper, and coat with olive oil. Roast at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until tender.
Assemble the rest of the salad and toss it with the dressing. Divide into bowls and top with the chopped pork.