Who doesn’t love a good Beef Stroganoff? Savory satisfying beef over yummy pasta. Here’s Chef Ali’s take!
- 2-3 packs stew beef or 1 whole eye round cut into cubes
- 2 small packages of button mushrooms cut in 1/2 or 1/4, depending on size
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 large can of chopped tomatoes with the juices drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream
Add the cut beef, tomatoes, onion, and mushrooms to the slow cooker. Add in the spices and oil & vinegar and toss to combine. If possible, remove the liner and place it in the fridge overnight to marinade, but it is unnecessary if you need to use it the same day!
If you marinate it, remove it from the fridge in the morning, add the two cans of cream of mushroom soup, and mix it in evenly distributed.
Place the liner in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
Thicken if needed with a bit of corn starch and water mixture, and then finish with a cup (or more if you like it creamy like me) of sour cream.
I like to serve this over egg noodles and peas on the side!
It’s a perfect, easy winter meal that satisfies and is even better reheated the next day!