Cast Iron Steaks
Our favorite way to cook steaks these days is with a cast iron skillet on the stove top and finish in the oven. It allows you to make the perfect steak every time, and this is how the pros do it! Read more for instructions and scroll down for pictures!
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a cast-iron or oven-safe skillet on high heat add olive oil and butter, once butter is melted and done foaming add steaks.
- Cook for 2 minutes then flip and cook another 2 minutes, this gives the Filets a nice brown sear.
- Place pan in the oven and cook 7-8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Using a meat thermometer you can check the temp.
- Rare – 120-125F
- Medium rare – 130-135F
- Medium – 140-145F
- Medium well – 150-155F
- Well done – 160-165F.
- In a small bowl add butter, herbs, and garlic and mix until combined. Place mixed butter on a piece of plastic wrap roll and twist the ends. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove the skillet add the garlic herb butter and let rest 3 minutes.
- Serve garnish with fresh parsley and pan juices.