Chef Ali was doing one of her famous refrigerator cleanouts and found some carrots and orange marmalade. These ingredients are perfect for a sauce for pork chops and this is what she came up with!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Amish butter/ olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/2 cups chicken Stock
- Fresh Thyme and Oregano
- Salt and pepper the chops.
- Add a little olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Amish butter to a shallow pan.
- Brown the chops on both sides. Push them to the side and add the onions. Let them sauté for a few minutes and then add the mustard and marmalade. Stir to combine and then nestle the chops back in the pan, add the carrots, and then pour over the stock.
- Place a lid on the pan and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 30-40 mins until the pork is tender and the carrots are cooked.
- Take off the lid, add the chopped herbs, and turn up the heat to let the sauce boil and reduce a little.
This meal is complete but if you choose you can serve it over rice, mashed potatoes, or even grits. Be sure to have a spoon handy for the yummy sauce! Oh, and we thought a Shiner Boch went great with the meal!