Ali Cheese Steak with Beef Bacon
We love a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, but it’s always a challenge to find the right cut of meat to use. Well, we’ve found just the right cut: Beef Bacon! Beef Bacon, also known as Beef Belly, looks a lot like Pork Bacon, It’s sliced the same way, has some nice fat, and if you didn’t know better you’d think it was Pork! Chef Ali took that Beef Bacon, sliced it into strips (which goes really fast) and it becomes the perfect Ali Cheese Steak meat. A little Salt & Pepper, a quick cook on the griddle, and you’ve got a great sandwich!
- Beef Bacon (one package for 2-3 sandwiches)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- Hoagie Rolls
- Sliced Provolone Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Butter, for rolls
- Heat your griddle to High.
- Slice the Beef Bacon on the short side into thin strips. (It will come sliced like Pork Bacon already).
- Slice the Onion thinly.
- Salt & Pepper the Beef and the Onions.
- Separate the extra fat and cook it on the griddle to provide cooking fat for the Onions, then move the fat aside.
- Brown the Onions in the beef fat, then push them to the side of the griddle to keep them warm.
- Cook the sliced Beef Bacon on the griddle, turning regularly. (Pretend you’re the short-order deli cook!)
- Butter the rolls, and them open them and put them down on the griddle to warm.
- Separate the Beef into appropriate sandwich portions (we went large!)
- Separate the onions onto the beef.
- Lay the cheese down on the beef.
- When the cheese is melted and the rolls are warm, place the rolls on a plate, and scoop up the Beef onto the buns.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings. We used lettuce, mayo, and spicy mustard.