How best can you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? With Guinness Beer, of course! We created this recipe with Guinness and one of our favorite cuts of Century Farm Meat from Whitt’s Place, the Beef Shank Steak!
- 4 Beef Shank Steaks
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Cans of Guinness Beer (or other dark stout if not available)
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and salt and pepper the shank steaks and add them to the pan—Brown on both sides for about 4-5 minutes each.
- Take them out and add them to your slow cooker.
- Add the red onion and cook for a few minutes, then sprinkle on the flour and slowly add both cans of Guinness.
- Whisk until smooth, and then pour over the steaks. Add a few rosemary sprigs and put your slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
- I served mine with roasted brussels sprouts tossed in olive oil and garlic powder and cooked in the air fryer until roasted—about 15 minutes—as well as creamy polenta. It would be super over mashed potatoes or creamy cheese grits.
- When you’re eating this dish, be sure to scoop out the bone marrow and use it with a bite of the meat and starch. It’s like butter!
You will have the luck of the Irish if you cook this one the weekend in honor of St Paddy’s day!